We have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you cannot find an answer to your specific question, please contact us on: 07712 610911 orinfo@adventureways.co.uk

Is the campsite secure?
Yes, as far as we can make it. The site has NO public footpaths crossing it, so we do not have any public access problems. The site is completely fenced, to keep our campers in and others out. It is helpful if leaders can remind campers not to climb fences. The front gate will be secured at night when groups are staying with Adventure Ways duty staff available to assist in an emergency.

What is the site policy on the videotaping or photographing of young people?
Parental permission is required for adults to film or photograph young people, while they are at camp. Any filming must not be for public release or identification. For additional information, please contact the manager.

When must accounts be settled?
All fees must be paid four weeks before your booking. Cheques are made payable to ‘Adventure Ways’

Can we light a fire?
There is a large fire pit which is the only place on site where fires can be lit. Ashes stay there at the end of the camp. You will need to bring your own wood to burn.

Can we light a BBQ?
There is a designated BBQ area next to the picnic area where you can light your own BBQs

What waste disposal facilities are there?
We have general waste wheelie bin and recyclables wheelie bin for cardboard/glass/cans/paper and plastic in the car park.

Can we freeze ice blocks?
There are no freezing facilities.

How long have you been working with children and adventurous activities?

Our Manager Kurt Perryman has been in the industry for over 30 years. Adventure Ways was launched in September 2012.

Are we insured during our visit?
All of our visitors and participants are covered by our standard £5 million Public Liability Insurance.

Will our group mix with other schools?
Whilst we can accommodate large groups, as a small family run business, we will never have more than one group on site at any one time, to ensure we give all our attention and care to that group.

Can we visit to have a look around before our main trip?
If you have booked or are thinking of booking a single or multi day trip with a group and would like to arrange a preview day then please call our office team on 07712 610911 or alternatively contact us via email at info@adventureways.co.uk

What do the pupils have to bring?
There is a kit list available to download and print to give to all students as part of the ‘Parents Pack’. It is important for leaders and teachers to decide on their own policy for students to bring cameras and phones. The centre advises not to take phones and cameras onto activities as we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage. The best course of action is to nominate a teacher/leader to take photos of everyone and collate them onto a disk.

Can you explain your first aid provision?
All of our instruction staff have a first aid award. All senior members must have a first aid certificate and there must be one on site at all times. During a visit, participants are never far away from a first aid box and some activities take a mobile pack with them. All accidents and near misses are recorded.

What Accommodation is available?
We offer a range of options for sleeping to get the most of the outdoors, including 3 person tents, group tents and bivvys or shelters you make yourself.

What are the catering arrangements ? What catering equipment is provided?
We provide a range of cookware for the sheltered double gas burner, including Dixie cans, kettles, chopping boards etc…We do not provide Mugs, Plates, Bowls or Knives/Forks/Spoons.

What Toilet Facilities are available on site?
We have Male & Female toilets both containing Hot and cold water. All toilet facilities on site are maintained on a regular basis.

What Adventurous Activities do I need Parental Consent For?
You require a consent form for all activities for all participants, parents must sign on behalf of all participants aged 17 or under.

What Activities are available for Free?
On site we have a sports field for football and rounders and a tree swing which can be used under the supervision of your group leader.

If I am Camping where can I wash up my cooking and eating utensils?
There is a large sink provided outside the end of the Toilet Block. Groups have to provide own washing up material.

Are all the centre staff fully qualified?
Yes, all centre staff have to meet minimum qualification requirements before being allowed to run activity sessions. For many these are National Governing Body Qualifications such as Climbing Wall Award (CWA), Single Pitch Award (SPA), Grand National Archery Society (GNAS), EASI (European All Terrain Vehicle Safety Institute), British Canoe Union Coaching Awards (BCU), or Mountain Leader (Summer) (ML). However, some activities require Site Specific Qualifications, whereby the Managing Director certifies instructors as competent to lead an activity e.g. ropes courses, fishing, orienteering and mountain biking.

All staff undergo an enhanced CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check every three years.

Do you allow self-catering groups?
Yes, all our groups self cater, either as part of the course with Adventure Ways support, or on their own with their own leaders.

Is the centre licensed to run adventurous activities?
Yes. Adventure Ways is registered with the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA), Regisration Number tbc

What is the capacity of the centre?
The centre can accommodate large courses as all groups camp, however extra notice is required to draft in extra instructors. The ideal group size is between 6 and 12 to enable all activities to be run from one mini bus.

How do you deal with misbehaviour?
We have a Code of Conduct for participants which explains the behaviour we expect. Any inappropriate or unsafe behaviour may lead to individuals or whole groups being removed from the site without refund or reimbursement.